Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tupac Can't Be Back, Because He Never Left

0
I am not sure how I became so interested in Tupac Amaru Shakur. During the time of his rise to fame and fortune, I was already knee deep into my love for all genres of music. While most of my cassettes/albums at the time where down south booty-shake artists (i.e., Uncle Luke, Trick Daddy, 95 South, So So Def, Doo Doo Brown, DJ Taz) and/or Hip Hop pioneers like Big Mike, Ghetto Boys, NWA, Naughty By Nature, MJG & Eigthball and of course Kris Kross, I still listened to everything I could get my hands/ears on. But at some point, my appreciation for all Hip Hop music shifted to an in-depth journey to distinguish between Real Hip Hop and Rap. TuPac helped me learn that all music wasn't worth my time or the CDs that they were about to be printed on. And to this day, I own him so much for that. 

I will never forget it, as most of you won't, the "I Get Around" video. This was for most of us, our first musical/visual encounter with Tupac. Seen mostly dancing in Digital Underground videos, Tupac finally dropped a few bars on this record. Little did any of us know, well not me at least, that he would go on to be one of the most iconic figures, not in just Hip Hop, but the world. There are countless movies and book on the life of Tupac. As a matter of fact, name another artists where they teach classes on his lyrics and poetry at an Ivy League Institution. Don't Worry I'll Wait...Tupac contributed so much in his short time on earth than most people will in 5 lifetimes. Even today, as he is gone from this earth in the physical form, he still continues to impact the world, locally, international and globally. Thus it is imperative that we stop this Tupac Back nonsense. Tupac Can't Be Back Because He Never Left!!!

No Response to "Tupac Can't Be Back, Because He Never Left"

Post a Comment