Monday, December 20, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 250 "Quitting While You're Ahead"

0

Everyone gather around. I am about to make an announcement of epic proportions. I was wrong regarding my philosophy on "Quitting." Thanks to American Gangster and a few recent life experiences, my outlook on "Quitting" has changed. I used to quote the famous line, Winners never "Quit" and "Quitters" never Win, but I realized most recently that there are occasions when that is not accurate. As a matter of fact, due to your circumstances and the outcome of your situation, there is absolutely, positively, nothing wrong with "Quitting While You're Ahead."

This is a major issue. Some of us just don't know when to "Quit." I feel so funny because usually I am coaching all of you on how "Quitting" should never become an option. But I have had a revelation, "Quitting" most certainly should be an option, especially "While You're Ahead." I have been observing a few people lately and things around me. I understand now more than ever while it is necessary to "Quit While You're Ahead." Stop being so prideful all the time. People are going to talk about us regardless. Know when to call it "Quits." I know it doesn't sound noble to "Quit," but in some instances this is the best option for that situation. We have to learn not to hold onto something that visibly has no signs of life anymore (i.e., our broken relationship, the job we hate so much, and things that happen to us in our past.) We have to learn to "Quit" thinking about these things and continuing to make ourselves suffer just to say we have someone or somewhere to go to get a paycheck that is always less than what we feel deserve. It may suck at first but "Quitting" can be so refreshing in the end. Now, be smart and make sure you make plan accordingly before you jus go out and began "Quitting" stuff. But note, there is nothing wrong with "Quitting While You're Ahead."

My philosophy on "Quitting" has adjusted my philosophy on "Winning." If you have tried your very best and gave it all you had, you will never be a "Quitter" nor a "Loser." At some point, you have to know when to let go. There is nothing wrong with "Quitting While You're Ahead." Not knowing when or how to "Quit" could very well be the difference between a messy break up; doing time in jail; living a fruitful and productive life, or dying way before your time. If you can't deal with the notion that you may be viewed as a "Quitter" because you chose to "Quit While You're Ahead," just look at it as you went into early retirement. There are greener pastures in the free world that you can discover if you learn to "Quit While You're Ahead."

~Whatever you do, just don't give up/ "Quit" on yourself or GOD.
Those two, unlike others, will NEVER fail you.~

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 250 "Quitting While You're Ahead""

Post a Comment