Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 251 "Under Construction"

0
No matter what I do or where I go to do it, sometimes I face challenges. As the saying goes, No one said it would be easy. Although, we would love to have an easy button for many things in our life, we have to deal now with situations as they present themselves. When the going gets tough, the tough, get going. I realize now more than ever that my life is "Under Construction."

Now you may have everything in your life together, but not the kid. My life is "Under Construction" and has been for a while now. Every thing isn't quite the way I like it or where it is suppose to be. As a matter of fact, I am in the midst of renovating a few things. Some walls I use to have up definitely have to be torn down. There are a few floor boards (my foundation) that have to be replaced. My roof (brain) is ok and can stand any type of weather, but I have to make sure it is strong enough to resists anything that may come my way in the near not so distant future. I have to do a little touch up painting and rewire my thinking. The "Construction" I am "Under" isn't easy, but it is indeed necessary.

I feel like during this time of transition in my life, I need to put a big sign my chest that reads, "Under Construction." Just so people around me, don't think I am perfect or those who don't understand why I am not who I use to be, can have an idea of what is going on with me. I am not afraid to admit I am "Under Construction," but I believe some people are. I am embracing this transition period I am enduring in my life. You may need to think about the necessary improvements, adjustments, and "Construction" you need to make or go "Under" in your life. People who think they don't need to change have major problems and need change the most. I don't want any of you to think you can't use any "Construction" in your life.

The major key to being "Under Construction" is understanding and realizing you are GOD's project. Don't let other people's opinions, thoughts, and words change you. If you "Under" go "Construction," do it because you deem it as necessary. No matter what you do in this world someone, somewhere is going to have something to say about it. Be you and be fierce with it. Yes, I am "Under Construction" but I am the project manager of this new creation I am going for. If you are "Under Construction" don't be ashamed to take control of your re-design too. At the end of the day, this is your life. No one has to wake up to you every morning or deal with ALL that is you everyday, but you. "Construct" a new and more improved you, for you and because you think its necessary, not because it will make anyone else happy. Because no matter what you do, you can't please some people and you will NEVER please everybody.

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 251 "Under Construction""

Post a Comment