Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 217 "Throwing In The Towel"

0

Is it every appropriate to quit? I mean is there a time where we all need to just "Throw In Towel?" I know people tell you things like, "winners never quit, and quitters never win," but is that necessarily true for all things? I am having this honest discussion with you all because I believe sometimes winning the war is not worth that battle scares you may receive or have to life with for the rest of your life. As a result, I have been contemplating lately, "Throwing In The Towel."

I can't believe it has come to this point with some things in my life, but I am sure you may be able to relate to me. Some people aren't going to change no matter what you say or do. I know this but I am so hesitant to turn my back on these people or "Throw In The Towel," because I figure they may come to their senses one day and I want to be a part of their revelation. I again repeat, I am not a fan of "Throwing In The Towel," but I am beginning to believe sometimes you have to. When your personal health, both mentally and physically are being endangered because you are doing too much for others and not enough for yourself, it may just be time for you to "Throw In The Towel." Knowing when to give up, quit, say uncle, or do anything other than continue trying is foreign to me. I really want the best for everyone, but I am getting more hairs of gray, not because I am stressing but because I worry about folks sometimes who don't understand the words I am trying to share with them from my heart.

Perhaps, like me, "Throwing In The Towel" wasn't an option for your, but I am just saying sometimes walking away from something or someone is the best thing you can do for that person, and perhaps yourself. "Throwing In The Towel" doesn't have to necessarily mean you quit. You may just need to concede to a better, bigger, or stronger opponent. I am really beginning to buy into my new philosophy: As long as you did everything you could possible do, you can't lose, only those who fail to try everything under the sun, suffer lost. Sounds like a fortune cookies don't it; I know. My new philosophy gives me a new perspective on "Throwing In The Towel." I am not advocating for you to adapt my philosophy, nor am I attempting to get you to "Throw In The Towel" in your life, however, I am saying that even the best of us have to know when to say, when.

~Towels Need Love 2

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 217 "Throwing In The Towel""

Post a Comment