Thursday, November 11, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 211 "Modern Day Slaves"

0

***VENT ALERT, VENT ALERT, VENT ALERT***

Do you want to know what grinds my gears? Yes, rappers and ignorance most certainly do, but this is something that bothers me too, "Modern Day Slaves." Now I know you may have an idea of those persons I may be referring to, but just in case there is any confusion, let me explain. "Modern Day Slaves" are those individuals who act as if they are going to get whipped by masta' if they don't do something. Or they are those people who feel the need to say, "yes sir, no sir boss" with every request they are given. All of you know a few "Modern Day Slaves." They are the people who feel the need to remind you that the boss may come in any moment and catch you doing something wrong and get rid of you, so you best be on your best behavior. They act as if the job they have is the only job in these Americas they can perform, thus it is imperative for them to walk around on egg shells and when the overseer says, "jump" they begin to even before asking how high? "Modern Day Slaves" fear the boss, any type of leaders, unemployment, and life itself. "Modern Day Slaves" act like house negroes, anxiously awaiting masta's return so they can report on what us other negroes have done wrong. "Boss, He Ain't Workin'!" Lol!

"Modern Day Slaves" act as if they have an opinion not consistent with the leader they may be subject to canning immediately. These people are one of the reasons we have yet to get as far as we need to be as a people. They are stuck in those imaginary chains of bondage and have yet to embrace the freedoms that are afforded to us all. "Modern Day Slaves" walk with their head to the ground and if you speak to them, they act as if it is still wrong to look you in the eye. Perhaps, you all don't get a chance to experience this, but I do all the time. Most of the time I am fortunate to be in leadership positions. Some of my subordinates, who obviously think I am going to take their "Freedom" papers away respond to the "Modern Day Slave" way. I don't think I am any better than anyone else, and the fact that I am chosen to lead, just means someone else paved the way for me and it is my hopes that I could do the same for you or someone else. But, "Modern Day Slaves" don't understand this new age philosophy that we all are equal. They can't get over what they saw when they watched Roots.

I hope when I am referring to "Modern Day Slaves" I am in no way referring to you. In my Amistad slave voice, "Give Us, Us Free." That is exactly what I am trying to do. Here is a public service announcement to you "Modern Day Slave" person, break those shackles in your mind. You are free to live, thrive, and make decision on own, popular or unpopular. Have an opinion. So what if no one agrees. Be heard, be counted, for GOD SAKES, be FREE!

~Hum'n An Ol'e Negro Spiritual As I Type

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 211 "Modern Day Slaves""

Post a Comment