Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 101 "Be Good To Yourself"

0

Good Morning All:

Thank you to all of you who wished us a happy 100th blog birthday on yesterday. We really appreciate your support. I know most of you are still asleep, working, or hung over right now so, I'm going to get right at it.

Today's Topic: Be Good To Yourself

To some extent I must say I feel sorry for women, especially African American women. I am no stranger to the whole dating game. Although, I don't participate in it, I evaluate the experiences of those who are close to me. As a man, especially a man of color, I get an opportunity to see what other men say and do as it pertains to women, dating, and relationships. Its sad how many SINGLE--- beautiful, intelligent, and loving woman are out here in this world. From conversations I have held with those that matter to me the most, it is very difficult to find a GOOD man. Now they say its not hard to find a man, a cutty buddy, or just someone to chill with, but when its time to get more serious, guys usually exit stage right.
I'm going to share with you all today what I usually tell them. "To be any good to anyone, relationship or not, you must first be good to yourself."

No one on this earth is going to treat you better than you treat yourself. Now, I am not saying get on this, "I'm so independent I don't need a man," stance because that is just ignorant to me. First off, you don't know what your future holds, so by making statements like that, you are putting negative vibes in the air. When you finally decide you want a man, all the ones who matter would've have passed you by, or are now avoiding you like the plague.

You must be good to yourself at all times. People can only treat you the way you allow them too. But, if you don't take care of yourself or lower your standards, you can't expect other people to raise what they offer you. Don't settle! Settling is like quitting. Make a commitment or a promise to yourself that no matter what it takes I am going to believe that it will all work out. Your destiny is already written. Just focus on putting yourself first, loving yourself more, and giving yourself the things you need. If you concentrate on being good to yourself, then you will understand why other people compliment you, and how only YOU and GOD can complete you.

Enjoy your weekend!

Inspiration-I-Try-2-B

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 101 "Be Good To Yourself""

Post a Comment