Saturday, July 31, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 108 "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall"

0

Hey Hey Hey:
Happy Saturday neighbors. It is Jesus o'clock and the kid is up.
Don't ask me why, but sleep is one of my least favorite things.
Don't worry I will get plenty when my time here is done.

Today's topic: Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Do me a favor. I want you to find a mirror right now. I want you to go stand in front of that mirror and tell me what you see. Now, I know you might feel funny at first, but I want you to really stand there until you really are able to describe what you see. Then, I want you to think about how what you see makes you feel. This isn't very easy at all. Because I don't want you to project your image beyond what you actually see in your reflection, don't sit there and start daydreaming. Once you have focused on seeing the true you in the mirror, ask yourself, do you like what you see?

The mirror check is a major test of self-esteem and self-worth. First off, if you like what you see, and you wouldn't change one thing about yourself, then you may be ok. Unless you are mentally challenged and what you see in the mirror is a image of you when you were in high school and now 2-4 children later we all know you don't look a thing like the prom queen you use to be. But if you truly like what you see, good for you. You are done for today, have a good weekend.

Now, for those of you who don't like what you see, it is important that you figure out exactly what it is that you don't like. Is it your skin, your hair, your nose, your weight, what is it? Once you identify what you see as a problem, then you can develop a plan on how you may address what you see as something you want to change. Some things you can't change, they are GOD given and you should learn to embrace them. Those things you can change, use today as a planning day, to get you from where you are now to where you want to be. Then you should take Sunday as a day to not worry about anything and then Monday would be a good day to start the journey to a new you.

The mirror doesn't lie but your mind will. Personally, I think you need to learn to love yourself and learn to see you for what you actually see. You have to learn to look in the mirror and see what is actually there. Don't let other people be your mirror, that is why you have one on your wall or where ever it is in your home. Other people see what they want, but you can see what's actually there. Use your own mirror and if you can't actually look into your mirror because you really don't like what you see, perhaps you need to seek a little help. I don't think this blog is going to help you. If you should need some assistance, let me know and I will help you to the extent you allow me. I will do what I can.

~Peace, Love, and Nappynezz~

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 108 "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall""

Post a Comment