Saturday, July 17, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 94 "Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates"

0

Happy Saturday! I wish you all a great weekend and try to have fun no matter what it takes.

Today's Topic: Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates

I was sitting in the living room last weekend with nothing to watch on t.v. I continuously flipped through channel after channel, but I couldn't find one thing that was worth watching. Needless to say, as you can probably tell by the title today, I ended up watch Forrest Gump. Now, I guess I hadn't seen this movie since it first came out or sometime around then. I forgot that while Forrest was mentally ----missing some pieces, as my little cousin would say, he had a number of great messages that he shared in the movie. One of my personal favorites, "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

This makes perfect since and I am glad that Mr. Gump a.k.a. Tom Hanks took time to provide us with some great insight. Life is like a box of chocolates. We don't chose our parents, grand parents, siblings, cousins or anything like that. We inherit them if they are still alive when we come into this world. All of these components: the house we live in, the neighborhood we grew up in, or the church that we were dragged to as kids make us who we are today. These things define our life and our lifestyle.

There are so many things you can do with your life, and each second you are given here is another minute you have to make a difference. Life is truly like a box of chocolates, and even if we don't know which one we are going to get, we can do the best with the one we are given. There is a light at the end of tunnel, but you won't know if you don't get there.

Late'

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 94 "Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates""

Post a Comment