Friday, October 15, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 184 "Hairs Of Gray"

0

So, for some reason every time some sees me they find it necessary to comment on my new "Hairs Of Gray." I am not so sure why it is such an astounding thing to them, because it doesn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I remember being told that "Hairs of Gray" indicate a level of wisdom some people never achieve. I am anxiously awaiting the moment when I become Gandolf the Gray, lol! I won't however be doing the Gandolf the White because by them I will definitely be bald.

I am extremely fond of my Hair. I mean I feel like Sampson, without my Hair, I will be weak. I have cut it several times throughout my life, but I always feel better with it versus without it. I love my Hair, but as the "Hairs of Gray" surface and my Hairline continues to run in the opposite direction, I know that with time all things must come to an end. I am thankful that I have "Hairs of Gray," or just Hair in general because I know some others who have lost their wigs way before their 30's.

I write to you to tell you to embrace your "Hairs Of Gray." They are just a symbol of who you are and what you have become, an adult. If your "Hairs Of Gray" really bother you feel free to grab some dye or tint it, but I encourage you not to. They are a symbol of life, wisdom, growth and maturation. You aren't a spring chicken anymore; so realize that you should fall into your place to winter any storms and prepare for the summer rains or any other surprises. "Hairs of Gray" aren't going away, but neither is your progression toward the afterlife. Get use to them, they are your friends.

~Brutha Jr. Gandolf

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 184 "Hairs Of Gray""

Post a Comment