Sunday, October 31, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 200 "Transition"

0

Today, I want to talk to those of you who care about me in some shape form or fashion. Most recently, due to aging or other circumstances, I have been feeling the need to do something different. I have been feeling very complacent lately. Now, if you don't know anything about me, you should know, I cannot stand to do the same thing repetitively, or in lames terms, over and over again. Over the course of the last few months, I have been thinking a lot more about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness. I think personally, I may be going through a "Transition." According to WordWeb.Net, "Transition" signifies a passage. It is the act of passing from one state or place to another.

I realize now more than ever, I may be on the cusp of a "Transition." I have most recently begin evaluating my life, relationships, career, and a number of other things I am engaged in. With this evaluation, I have realized that when you don't feel you are meeting your true capacity as it relates to the work, energy, and time you spend doing things on a daily basis, this could lead to very negative side-effects. For some, it could lead to stress and depression. Now, I ain't one to stress and I don't believe for me depression is an option. But I do know that this "Transition" has caused me to become more focused on that which I always neglect---ME. I am an advocate for everyone under the sun, but I have begun to wonder who is advocating for me? I rarely talk about myself, goals, or accomplishments because I believe that I might be viewed as selfish. However, it might be time I speak up for SELF.

One thing I do know, is GOD has a way of moving us in the right direction when we may be moving ourselves in the wrong one. I think part of my "Transition" involves a shift from my daily mundane activities towards the Manifestation of my Destiny. One of my favorite Gospel singers, Deitrick Haddon, has a song that says, "The things I use to do, I don't do no more, cause I been, changed, I'm a changed man." The sums up where I believe this "Transition" is taking me. I don't think it's going to be easy, but I know it is necessary. I think I'm going to switch it up, starting today, right now actually. Let me apologize in advance to any of you all that may be negatively impacted or affected, but you only get one shot at this thing called LIFE, and as Eminem said, sometimes you have to "Lose Yourself."

If you LOVE me; LOVE me through my "Transition." If you HATE me; HATE me through my "Transition." Either way I will be fine. As Fred Hammond said, "NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER!" How you love them apples?!

~A New Me

PS: YOU DO YOU, AND WATCH ME DO ME, WATCH ME DO ME!!!

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 200 "Transition""

Post a Comment