Monday, January 17, 2011

Reverend Dr. Martin Luther---The King

0

Dear Dr. King:

Today, as you know by now, we nationally and internationally celebrate your life, your work and your legacy. Well some of us that is, the remainder of us, just celebrate you by sleeping in or being lazy today, thanks the holiday, thus they are off from work. But, others really are truly inspired by what you chose to do for us, even when you didn't have to. I myself, have answered the call of leadership, but no one and I repeat no one does it quite like you.

I wanted to take a moment on this auspicious occasion to thank you personally for what you have done, not just for people of color, but for people of all races, creeds, and nationalities. I think each of us have a duty to continue your work and fight the good fight until injustice and racial inequality is removed from this self-serving society. Additionally, I feel the need to apologize to you, because some of my people don't appreciate the freedoms and rights they have based on what you and a number of other great leaders during your time fought for. Now that they have certain inalienable rights, they still do the opposite. I guess they don't know how hard it was for you all to get us the right to sit at the front of the bus, the right to go to integrated schools, and the right be more than just an underprivileged minority with no vote, voice, or opinion. It is my hopes that someday they will wake up and understand the true value of the freedoms/rights that what we as a people all take for granted.

Lastly, I want to note that without you and others leaders of your stature, there would be no Minority senators, governors, CEO's, and most notably a Black president. I hope that one day your Dream will reach the full realization phase, because although we all sit in the same room today, we still have yet to find equality as you deemed necessary.

Happy Belated Birthday and thanks for giving your time and life for those of us, who deserve it the least.

Best Regards,

A Future Leader of Today and Tomorrow

P.S. I TOO HAVE A DREAM

No Response to "Reverend Dr. Martin Luther---The King"

Post a Comment