Sunday, February 20, 2011

Deferred Dreams

0

A Dream Deferred

by Langston Hughes

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?


What does happen to Deferred Dreams? Do you know? Because even I, the guy with numerous answers, have no idea. However, since I don't know what happens to Deferred Dreams, I strategically and emphatically emphasis the need NOT to Defer any of your Dreams. I know some people may tell you, that you are too old to be this, not pretty enough to be that, or lack the necessary talent to be anything. But ma'am/sir, "if you Dream it, you can achieve it!"

I write simply today to tell all of you, "no matter what happens or goes on in your life, don't Defer your Dreams." Deferred Dreams are lost Dreams. I personally don't care if any one believes I will be famous, because in my world, I am the most sought after celebrity I know. Love, money, time, and/or the lack thereof of all the aforementioned is no reason to Defer your Dreams. You only live once. There is no need to take Dreams to the grave with you. Spend the rest of this life, trying to be who you feel you are, or who you want to be. Just don't waste away your life and leave this place with countless ---Deferred Dreams. That would be sincerely tragic.

No Response to "Deferred Dreams"

Post a Comment