Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Top

0

On your marks, get set, ready,----go! Now that the race has begun, we all have to stay in our assigned lanes. We have left the starting line and now we are engaged in this race to The Top. Competition is indeed healthy, but sometimes the thrill of being the first one to The Top can bring the worst out of all of us. Based on the way we were reared as children, our Tops may vary drastically.

The Top to some people is exactly where they are right now. The family structure, job, spouse, and children they have is all they could have ever asked for. Others have yet to reach The Top they set for themselves. They are building a life for themselves that will ultimately prepare them for a family, a career, and whatever else they aspire to have or set out to accomplish in this life. The Top for some of us is very similar, but we all may have different paths to reach it.

In my little over three decades on this earth, I have yet to reach The Top. I am sure others think I have reached The Top, but I haven't even began my journey good yet. I mean, I have made some strides to The Top, but I have yet to really start my passage to The Top. No matter where you are in this life, remember to keep your eyes on your prize. Please don't be over The Top--ridiculous is not the answer. The Top you seek should be specific to your own goals and aspirations. Don't let anyone set your Top for you. As I say when parting from those who mean the most to me,"I may not see you on tomorrow, or everyday, but I most certainly plan to see you again, at The Top."

No Response to "The Top"

Post a Comment