Tuesday, February 8, 2011

There Is No Place Like Home 2

0

I personally am what you call a Nomad. Sort of like a rolling stone. Wherever I lay my do-rag is my home. (I don't really wear hats) Anyway, but that still doesn't mean I dont realize the importance of having a place to call Home. Like Dorothy said on the Wizard of Oz, "There Is No Place Like Home."

The saying goes, "Home is where the heart is." While I agree to some extent, I also believe your heart can be in several places. I call a number of places Home, especially those cities that I have lived in and the people there have shown me great love. I really appreciate people like that. For some strange reason lately, I have encountered people who haven't been Home in a long time, literally. It's the weirdest thing ever. I mean they say stuff like, "well I grew up there, thus I don't want/need to return." Or, "my family and I don't really get along, so I stay to myself out here and do my own things." WHATTTTT?!!!! Mayne, you people are bonkers. There Is No Place Like Home. Especially, if you have loved ones, friends, and family there. You only get one life, and it would be a shame to not share your talents, gifts, blessings, and lessons learned with those who really need it.

I think all of you shouldn't neglect Home and be glad you have one. Some people don't have a Home and no matter how hard they try they will never have a place to call Home. As I always say, "Sometimes we don't appreciate things, until they are gone." Let this stand as a brief reminder, There Is No Place Like Home. Thank your lucky stars you have somewhere to return to, because some people never leave, thus they never have a place to return to.

No Response to "There Is No Place Like Home 2"

Post a Comment