Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Just February 14th

0

Today, millions of people around the world, will be exchanging gifts, hugs, candy, and "I Love Yous" to the person that matters the most to them ---at the moment. But, I ask, "how many people really know what valentine's day, or February 14th as I call it, really means?" The origin of February 14th has nothing to do with appreciating each other with materialistic crap. Actually, Saint Valentine was murdered on or around February 14th AD 269/263. He was murdered because even though it was against the law of the land at the time, he would marry Christian couples. Know your history. February 14th is about St. Valentine, not you or your loved one or ones for some of you.

February 14th or valentine's day as you people refer to it, has nothing to do with you going out to Wally World, Target, or Jared, if you balling, and buying something for the one you love, or the one you think loves you. What grinds my gears is trifling people use this day as a day to celebrate all of those who they cheat on, beat on, and continue to claim they love only when it's convenient. But hey, it ain't their fault. Y'all allow it! And yes, I said y'all. Because some of you reading this right now, know dang well your other significant isn't worth the energy, time, or affection you waste on them. But, the things people will do just to say they have someone is amazing. SMHD--Afraid to be alone. ( I'll touch on this later)

I am not advocating against celebrating the one you love, if that person truly loves you and deserves your reciprocated love. But, I am against forced holidays. I believe you should demonstrate your love and affection daily, not just on February 14th, your anniversary, or birthdays if your remember them. Give and share love constantly. February 14th is worst than CHRISTmas now; it's all about the gifts and material things.

To all those who mean something to me, don't take offense, but you WON'T be getting a happy valentine's day from me or any sort of gift. I might send you a Happy February 14th, but I seriously doubt it. I love and appreciate all of you dearly. I will continue to celebrate you and your accomplishments every single day. And not just because everyone else is doing it. Why be one in a million, when you can be one out of a million. Enjoy your day!

No Response to "It's Just February 14th"

Post a Comment