Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Selfless Versus Selfish

0

For as long as I can remember, I have always put other people first in my life. I don't just mean loved ones or people I know, just people in general. My ultimate goal has always been to make people happy. I grew up in difficult circumstances, so I aimed to use my humor and super-ridiculous personality to bring joy and happyness to those around me. Now, three decades later, as I Self-reflect I am realizing that I am a little too Selfless and not Selfish enough.

I never thought that I would ever consider being Selfish, but I am coming to the realization that people tend to take advantage of your niceness. That shouldn't be shocking to me, but I use to be so focused on making people happy, I never really cared if the person(s) was using me. I mean, as I said before, I don't mind people using me, but it's to the point now where people try to use you up. I always figured Selfless acts will be counted when I reach those HEAVENLY GATES, so I didn't do things to get wo/man appreciation. The thought of being Selfish just seemed to turn me off immediately. But these days, one has to learn to put Self first, because it looks like no one else will.

I am not sure what type of person you are. My hopes is that you have balance; you aren't too Selfish or too Selfless. You know balance is important in situations like this. If one aims to live a peaceful and prosperous life it must consist of numerous Selfless acts and a few Selfish acts here and there. But you have to know when enough is enough. Don't give too much of yourSelf to anyone or anything. You just may never ever be able to get it back. Thus, it's important to know when to be Selfless and when to be Selfish. I am no expert, I am learning the difference more day by day.

No Response to "Selfless Versus Selfish"

Post a Comment