Friday, June 17, 2011

Onomatopoeia

0

I am going to take time today to share something with you all. The coolest thing about life is that no matter what you do, there are always opportunities to learn new things. I was just speaking with a group kids the other day and they reminded me about something I learned in grade school; Words R.O.C.K.!!!!! Especially those like "Zip", "Bam" and/or "Boom" known as Onomatopoeia.

Onomatopoeia is a type of word that intimates the sounds it represents. These are the coolest words ever! Mostly found in comic books and things of that nature, Onomatopoeias are often used but most people don't know that certain words, mean certain things. Personally, I enjoy words and the more I learn to use them in creative ways, the more fun I have with them. So I encourage all of you to read, write, and learn until it hurts; "pow!!!" Take that.


No Response to "Onomatopoeia"

Post a Comment