Sunday, September 11, 2011

9 Eleven 2001/2011

0
Today is so much more than 9 Eleven 2011. It represents the ten year anniversary of the September 11th terror attacks in 2001. I, not unlike many of you, am giving pause when I think that it's been 10 years since those heinous & cowardly acts. Take a moment and think about where you were 10 years ago. I was just beginning my second semester at the Fort Valley State University. I remember watching in horror, the television, especially when that second plane hit the towers and they ultimately fell. So many innocent people lost their lives on that day. On today, 9 Eleven 2011, we celebrate/remember those who lost/gave their lives on that day. I am not going to belabor this point, but I will say this, all of us on today should take a moment to pay our respects to those firemen, police officers, service members and passengers on Flight 93 who gave their life on 9 Eleven 2001.  As a matter of fact, join me right now in a moment of silence..........

Days like today, put our life and what we think are serious life troubles/stressors into perspective. We are so Blessed to still be here and we are more Blessed to have people who blatantly disregard their own safety, to unselfishly save the lives of others. On today, 9 Eleven 2011, we salute all of you who gave your life and those who lost their lives; please feel free to take a bow.

No Response to "9 Eleven 2001/2011"

Post a Comment