Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's Not That Bad

0
Every morning I send what I consider to be an Inspirational Message out to people that are close to me. Not necessarily because I feel the need to be Inspired, but these individuals made/continue to make significant contributions in my life. Thus, I find it imperative to share with them my appreciation in the form of something inspiring. One never knows what another person's situation is or what kind of yesterday they had. But, no matter what, I believe all of us could us a little "pick me up" every now and then. Today's message centered around one main theme: It's Not That Bad.

Every since the election of President Barack Obama, CNN and I are like a married couple. Personally, I spend more time watching CNN then I do participating in any other activity. It's not so much that I like the news, but I like to be in touch with what's going on nationally and abroad. With all the revolutions taking place in other countries like Egypt and Tripoli, one is reminded of how Blessed we are to have the freedoms we do have. It is true, people of color as a collective have yet to gain the resources or the respect they deserve, but even we have it better than our brothers and sisters in other nations and countries around the world. There are so many things that we can/choose not to do if we wanted to. The fact that we have a choice is a major freedom/right we have that people abroad are fighting and dying daily for. One thing I have learned from watching these stories of other countries is that we not only take our rights for granted, but we also take other people for granted as well.

No matter how bad you think you have it Sir/Ma'am, there is someone who has it ten times worse. Trust, It's Not That Bad. Pick your head up and keep it pushing. As long as you have air in your body and sound mind, you have the ability to change your situation and the world. It's Not That Bad. So cut out the complaining, moaning and depressive states. It's Not That Bad. Look around you, there are people out there who would love to trade places with you in a New York Minute. Be Thankful and Be Grateful for the little/lot you do have. "It's always better to have and not need, then to need and not have."

No Response to "It's Not That Bad"

Post a Comment