Saturday, September 24, 2011

It's Just You

1
I don't know if you all understand this, but You are only one person. I am always surprised by the amount of pressure some people have on them daily. They are tasked with taken care of family, mates, friends,  bosses and everyone else that needs something.  But I write today to tell You, It's Just You. You are only one. Although You may be a strong and powerful one, You are one day going to run out of gas if You keep trying to do everything for everyone. As I always say, "If you try to be all things to everyone you will ultimately end up being nothing to no one." I do appreciate You trying to help others, but You have to re-fuel and re-charge at some point. Trust, I know this first hand. 

You have to learn to take care of yourself first. I know it sounds selfish, but it's the only way You will be able to survive, avoid stress or leave this earth before your time because You ran yourself ragged. This is a serious problem that people face today. It causes unnecessary strains on your personal and professional relationships when You don't realize It's Just You. You can't be super wo/man to everyone. If ever You dropped the ball, then You suffer because now You are down on yourself because you were unable to do 50 things at once successfully.  I hope those of You who have this bad habit of doing the most because you feel you have to, read this, and read this slowly. I am not saying You can't help others, but you have to understand It's Just You. You can only do so much for so many. You have to take time to take care of yourself, because if You don't no one else will, or have the time to, because You were too busy doing things for others leaving no one room to do anything for You.

1 Response to It's Just You

September 26, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I think we get so used to giving so much of ourselves to those close to us, we don't realize we are being stretched so thin. This is something I know I needed to hear and take account for. Thanks for helping me see things I didn't see myself.

Post a Comment