Friday, September 9, 2011

M.I.M.S.

0
I remember having a conversation with a young lady one day and we were talking about celebrities and what-not. In the most random fashion she says, "You really look like M.I.M.S." For those of you who have been living in the bottom of the sea in the basement of Sponge Bob's pineapple, M.I.M.S. is a rapper/hip hop artist from New York. He is most famous for his song, "This Is Why I'm Hot." Some say his lyrics in this song derailed his career, but I have no opinion on that. And not because I think we look alike either! I digress. While I smirked due to her statement with minor discontent, I suddenly realized, "M.I.M.S. and I, not unlike a number of you, have something in common. M.I.M.S.'s name is an acronym/stands for what is the story of my survival and my life---MUSIC IS MY SAVIOR.

Now some of you may be confused, but I will attempt to help you at this very moment. M.I.M.S. aka Music Is My Savior is the truth and nothing but the truth so help me. I cannot tell you how many battles/situations I have made it through do to certain genres of Music. Gospel, Hip Hop, Pop, Rock etc. have all played a pivotal role in keeping me alive, grounded and not incarcerated. Music Is My Savior. Part of the reason I don't drink or smoke still today is due to my love & passion for Music. At a very young age I began to sing and as I got into my early teens I began to DJ. Now I don't know about your people, but where I am from, Drunk & High performers don't mix well. Thus, I have made a lifetime decision to avoid the alcohol and 420 (weed.) Music has truly helped me through so much. So many times I wanted to quit and give up, but Music was there to keep me pushing on. Music can help heal heart ache, pain and clear your mind.

Music Is My Savior. This is the one of the realest things I have ever written. Music has worked wonders for people of color and people of all colors. Music is the universal language. Music has brought people of color through slavery, civil rights and right into the 21st century. Music has destroyed racial barriers and brought people of all races and creeds together. Music Is not only My Savior, but Music has done it's part in Saving Lives and Saving the world. M.I.M.S. is so much more than an acronym.  Just take a moment and think of your favorite song. How does that make you feel? Trust, I know. Music does that for me and so much more. Oh how I love Music.

No Response to "M.I.M.S."

Post a Comment