Thursday, September 15, 2011

The "Me"/"I" Generation

0
Today's society is very individualistic. The younger generation is what I term The "Me" or "I" Generation. Before they engage in any activity, take a job and/or date, they are seeking to find out what is in it for "Me" or "I." Also, these younger folks tend to be a lot more selfish and self-centered. They aren't concerned about others at all. If things don't affect them directly, they could care less about it. The "Me"/"I" Generation is reflective of the activities these young adults partake in and the world around them. Social media and television applies a significant amount pleasure on this Generation. They have to be socially accepted and liked not only in the real world but in virtual worlds like FaceBook and Twitter. 

The "Me"/"I" Generation is so connected, but very disconnect from reality. They create their own phenomenons like the quarter life crisis in which 25 years olds feel that this is the time they have to get their life together. If they haven't reached a certain pinnacle of success or aren't married with kids, essentially their life is not up to par and must change immediately. Things of this nature and others like it cause The "Me"/"I" Generation to be extremely condescending, sarcastic, cynical, rude, defiant and cocky. I am intrigued by the unrealistic expectations and needs of The "Me"/"I" Generations members. These young adults are around you every single day. I am trying to make you aware of their presence. Once you learn to understand the needs and expectations of The "Me"/"I" Generation members you may be able to cope with these grown babies better. You may be able to help them change their all about "Me"/"I" ways. I can only pray soon that they realize the world doesn't revolve around "Me""You" "Them" or "I" at all. 

No Response to "The "Me"/"I" Generation"

Post a Comment