Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In A Funk; Get Out!

0
Hello good people of WoodWorkz. I wanted to take a moment to share a little about me that I am sure some of you may be able to identify with. For the past couple of months, I have been on the tail end of A Funk. At first, I wasn't sure what the reason for the Funk, but I think it was the initial shock of moving from a full-time employee, back to a full-time graduate student. What a difference a simple change in your professional and personal life makes. I am always hesitant to identify my moods as a result of change(s). I use the term Funk, over depression and other negative moods, because it is easy to find yourself trapped in depression, etc. But you can quickly get over A Funk. I say to you now, In A Funk; Get Out!

All of us at some point in our life will get into A Funk. For your information, A Funk is a temporary (operative word) state of emotion or phase in your life that one goes through when they are not operating as their normal self. In my Funks, I am not as jovial, talkative, happy-go-lucky and/or comical as I usually am. I spend a lot of time in my Funk(s) examining the current state of my life and trying to figure out how to propel myself out of said Funk(s). Funks are normal, but once you get In A Funk you have to work diligently to Get Out of it. A Funk can quickly turn south and cause you to fall into a state of depression or as a result of your situation you may become extremely unmotivated or worse.  This is my warning to all of you. If you are in A Funk, as I am every-now-and-again, Get Out! Don't let your Funk get the best/worst of you. In A Funk; Get Out---Get Out  Of It Now!!!

No Response to "In A Funk; Get Out!"

Post a Comment