Monday, August 29, 2011

2011 MTV Video Music Awards

0
First and foremost, I must begin by saying I am really proud that people from all races, genders, socio-economic status, genres of music, etc. can get together for an event of this magnitude and act civil. For over 30 years MTV has been providing us with this awards show and violence is always absent. (Takes a deep breath)

Elllp!!! Now that that 'ish is out the way, let me get to the reason you all are here. On one hand I thought the show was marginal at best. But, on the other hand I realize that music and musicians have changed so much these days one can not expect to see shows like those back in the day. Shows who featured the likes of Prince, Usher, Jodeci, B2K, New Edition, Creed, U2, Whitney, Janet and Michael Jackson, just to name a few. So, perhaps my expectations were a little too high. Let me say how proud I am of Beyonce for letting the whole world in on her new life expectancy. I am not a fan, but she is finally going to be a mom; congrats Bey & Jay! I am also proud of Chris Brown. I think his performance last night is doing wonders for his reputation and image, which many media outlets still try to ruin as if they never made a mistake when they were young. Additionally, I am so so proud of my boy Kanye who behaved like a gentleman and a scholar during the whole show. Big Ups to K-Hart, Lady Gaga, Adele & the Boss, Rick Ross.

Now, lets get to those who made me want to walk right out of my flesh and into Heaven. Let's begin with Tyler the UnCreator. What a mockery you made of yourself, your shouting and praising the lord (not sure which one) mother, your entire movement and every young black man in America. How dare you get up on that stage and use that type of language? You represented everything bad/negative about black men in America. Thanks for reinforcing every stereotype me and others try to destroy on a daily. But what can you expect from a clown who eats roaches in his video then hurls while the camera is still recording. Please sir, blind-fold yourself and walk directly in the direction of the nearest interstate/highway. Next, I have to speak on it. I don't care what you all think, but Lil Wayne's performance was strange, boring and pointless. Man I can't wait until T.I. get home! America you have created the martian that is Dwayne Carter. He can do no wrong in your eyes and he truly believes it. What a horrific way to end the show. Weezy, listen to me young brother: at this point you no longer have to pretend to be hood, ignorant or thuggish. We all know you graduated from college,with honors and you have the business acumen of a young LA Reid. The reason you choose to abandon anything positive and continue to portray the worse that New Orleans/black america has to offer puzzles me. I only have two words for you young man--Grow Up. You are a father, a son, a record label executive, a mentor and most importantly an extremely talented young man. Please try to act like it. Some Ninjas just don't get it.

It is my hopes that next year, something new and fresh will arise to positively represent our community. I am tired of the same old, I got money, I got hoes, & I am a blood act. At some point we have to realize that there is a war going on around us, and if we don't do something about it, our future will be today; because we won't see tomorrow.

No Response to "2011 MTV Video Music Awards"

Post a Comment