Friday, August 12, 2011

The Urban Dictionary, Not So Urban At All

0
Of course you all know that I am not a fan of a number of things. But there are certain things that I really, really dislike. For instance, just recently I was online searching for a synonym to a particular word I was attempting to use in one of my writings. I looked through several online resources and then there was this one site called The Urban Dictionary. Naturally inquisitive and always wanting to explore new things, I clicked on the link. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me say this right here and right now, "We already do a great job of making a fool of ourselves, we don't need our anglo-saxaon or other brown brothers and sisters to join in on the make a fool of negros parade.!" The Urban Dictionary is a sad mockery of what it is to be ethnic or a person of color. It only took a couple of seconds before I realized that this so-called Urban Dictionary Wasn't So Urban At All. As a matter of fact, I knew off top, that no group of colored folks would sit around and come up with a Dictionary that incorrectly and horribly defines words used or not used at all within their community. The Urban Dictionary is buffoonery. It is a group of website contributors/owners parading around in black-face throwing around terminology that they came up/heard while having a drunken night of madden or watching tosh 2.o.

I can't think of one good thing to say about The Urban Dictionary other then I'm glad it isn't a t.v. show yet. And I hope if you haven't seen it, you check it out. Because as a parent, a big brother/sister or cousin, you should be aware of what's out their in cyber-space that may be negatively influencing the generations of today and tomorrow. The Urban Dictionary is a collection of ignorance and blasphemy. It's supposed to be funny, but it's not. It's very distasteful, disrespectful and at times, corny at best. Worst, The Urban Dictionary Is Not So Urban At All. Take off your mask modern day clan members, show us your face---cowards.

P.S.- Token negros parade around in black face too. Ask Amos and Andy!

No Response to "The Urban Dictionary, Not So Urban At All"

Post a Comment