Monday, April 26, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 18 "The Pursuit of Happy"

0

Most recently, I was thinking about the movie, Pursuit of Happyness. If you haven't seen it, you might want to visit your local Red Box or video store and grab a copy. The movie is very inspirational, but as with most Hollywood flicks, it ended with everything working out for the best. Although, real life isn't always as it seems in the movies, the message is still relevant to all of us today.

No matter what you do in life, work hard and seek joy and happiness in it. All too often, I converse with people who talk about how much they hate their job or how unsatisfied they are with their life. I am quick to remind them that life is all about the choices you make. The only way a situation can be changed is if you make an effort to change it. Don't talk about it, be about it!

I was recently reminded by a comedian about something that has stuck with me my entire life. If you aren't happy with what you are doing; do something else. My mentor use to say, "If you want to find a career in life and not just a job; find the one thing you would do everyday absolutely for free, AND FIND A WAY TO GET PAID FOR IT."

HOLLA---

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 18 "The Pursuit of Happy""

Post a Comment