Friday, April 9, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 2 "Why People Don't Dream Anymore?!!"

0

Greetings- After yesterday's message, I think I lost a few hommies, so let me pour out a lil' liquor for them...Okay, moving on.

First and foremost, T.G.I.F.! Now that most of you have had your morning Mickie D's (McDonald's) dollar menu breakfast, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks, or break room coffee, its time for you to be enlightened. Today's Message will be short and sweet.

Whether you know it our not, when I am not trying to take over the web, blogging, I mentor young children. Just recently, I was visiting with a group of young men who are in Juvenile Detention for everthing from Breaking and Entering to Murder. The first thing I ask them is the same thing I remember getting asked in Pre-K, (that's the class before Kindergarten for you brainiacs, who were allowed to enter Kindergarten prior to your sixth birthday, because you were just that dang smart as a kid, or your mom and dad had a lil' money)....But I digress. I asked these young men "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I was surprised by the responses I got from these young men, and yeah I said young men; it is imperative that we stop calling people boy and boys---its just not empowering. Well needless to say, the feedback was sad to say the least. The most common answer was, "I just want to be alive!" Where did we go wrong, and where are we heading when our future leaders have no idea or belief that they will even play a role in this world beyond childhood?

Why don't people dream anymore? Shoot for the galaxy, not just the sky! Turn those thoughts into dreams, and take action! If you want to be a rapper, although the chances are very slim you will sign a major record deal because they pretty much don't exist anymore, there is nothing wrong with being a local/hood celebrity, you can always perform at family re-unions, the local skating ring, or juke joint where then entrance is also the exit; how convenient. And hey Mr. Future Rapper, the least you can do is make a mixtape, Hell everyone in this nation has one of those they days, even my Grandmother's church choir dropped one last month---Wowzrs!

Remember: Rosa sat, so we could stand, Martin walked so we could run; What are you going to do? Everyone has a destiny or something they can contribute to this world; don't take yours to the grave...

Make sure you come back tomorrow, It is going down like Young J.O.C. in 06! Sneak Peek [Title: "I CAN TRANSFORM YA!" This message will be an open letter to my dear sistahs. If he cheated to get with you, he gonna cheat on you---duh! ] Also, beginning in May, we are going to be giving away mad stuff on the site and building our buzz by shooting videos, etc. So if you are interested in joining the team---sign up as a follower and leave your contacts.

Lata' (P.S. I lied bout the short and sweet, my bad!)

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 2 "Why People Don't Dream Anymore?!!""

Post a Comment