Sunday, April 11, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 3 "Sunday's Best"

1

An Ode' To The Grandmother/Madea-

I try not to dwell to much on the past because there is truly nothing we can do about it, but we can become active in the present to make sure we work towards a more positive future. I remember when times where beyond hard growing up. Through it all though, someone was there to make it all better. Today, I have to take a moment to give a shout-out to the Women across the world who often take on the task of being mother and father to kids that they didn't even participate in the procreation process for---Grandma', Madea, Granny, G-Ma' or whatever she is affectionately known as.

Today, I want to take a moment to celebrate the life, work, and legacy of all Grandmothers/Madeas across the world. You all are truly Mothers of this earth and if no one recognizes what you have done for those numerous lives you have impacted---TODAY IS YOUR DAY!

To all those who read this message today; if your Grandmother(s)/Madea(s) are still with us; pick up the phone right now and tell her how much she means to you and that you love her dearly. To be appreciated means more than you will ever know. No other woman in this world would put up with your b.s. Grandma/Madea has been and will always be there when no one else will be. Make sure she is well aware of the impact she has had on your life. Truth is, they don't really make Grandmas/Madeas like they use to no more, because today's mothers are getting younger and younger. We are dealing with this epidemic of babies having babies! Little girls who are suppose to be playing with and carrying dolls are pregnant before they are old enough to drive. (I will discuss this at a later date!) :-(

Anyway, in closing, I want to give a special shot out to my Grandmothers/Madeas, Mae' & Earlee'. Without you, I would be nothing, but with you, I was groomed to be everything. Love You For Life!

Special B-day shout out to my NY Connect, C-WARR. May GOD Bless you to see many more hommie!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. See you manana (that means tomorrow, lol.)

1 Response to Shock Value: Entry 3 "Sunday's Best"

Anonymous
April 13, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I'm a single Mommy & VERY Grateful to have both my mom & dad to help me w/ my son!!! W/o their help life would be way more than a struggle to me... & I also am the product of a Grand-mom raising her grandchild... She didn't do it full-time but she was always there for me. RIP Mom-Mom

Post a Comment