Monday, May 2, 2011

A Server At Heart

0

During my varied experiences in this life, I have come to realize a number of things. Most recently, I have learned that while I am called to Lead in a number of occasions, I am truly A Server At Heart. My philosophy is simple: Before you can Lead you must first learn to Serve. If you don't take time to Serve, then you won't understand the true role of a leader. There are those of use who enjoy Leadership and the call to Serve. I just happen to be one of the selective few who enjoy the Serving part way more than the Leading. It's not that I don't enjoy being a Leader, but on occasion, the Leader capacity causes us to get caught up on the business/politics of maintaining that position, thus, we forget our constituents or those we originally aimed to Serve.

I am not perfect in any way, but through the years I have come to understand the complexities of Leadership and I most certainly understand the call to Service. I don't expect others to be influenced to change their ways, but I do believe all Leaders should evaluate themselves by those they Serve. If you are being exalted and/or promoted in your Leader role. Make sure those you Serve are those doing the exalting and are content with your promotion because through your the Service you render to them, they feel it is most deserving. Sometimes, we move up and leave those we "think" we are Serving behind. True Leaders understand that to be successful, they must be A Server At Heart. Personally, I am just laborer, nothing more, nothing less. These days, I Lead only when I get to Serve because A Server Is Who I Really Am At Heart.

No Response to "A Server At Heart"

Post a Comment