Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day, Or Is It?!!!

0

I appreciate all your well wishes on this 4th of July. But I don't celebrate the 4th of July otherwise known as Independence Day. I unfortunately don't partake in the celebration of Independence Day. Think about it, what have we as a people gained Independence from? We are still an enslaved culture to this very day. The only so called freedoms we have were granted to us by those who enslaved us from the start. That is like a husband who beats his wife regularly, teaching a class on domestic violence. (shaking my head) I am thankful, because I know we do have a lot more freedom(s) then people of other nations. But until we are truly free from oppression, obsession with superstars, depression from not being skinny or rich enough, only then will I celebrate Independence Day.

I am not like others, because I don't blame our issues on the "man." To me, there is a "man" inside of each of us. The "man" in us holds us back from being who we were destined to be. We will never be Independent until we free our mind to explore other options. We will never be Independent until we can hold others around us who are destroying our culture accountable for their actions. We will never be Independent until we boycott social media's depiction of us on t.v. I highly anticipate the opportunity to celebrate our Independence on that glorious Day when it comes. Until then, you keep shooting your fireworks and I will keep being optimistic that one Day, this nation or those people around us will, "Give us, us, free."

No Response to "Independence Day, Or Is It?!!!"

Post a Comment