Monday, July 4, 2011

Lift Up

0


You know what? People are really crazy. Always trying to outdo one another, always competing – and for what? Just to say I’m better than you or to feel as if they have something you don’t. Really people, is that what life is supposed to be? I think not. 9 times out of 10, people feel the need to belittle or put down the next man because they, themselves, feel low. But that’s not even the sad part. The sad part is, they can’t feel better until they make you feel worse. They don’t see value within themselves so they have to devalue the things around them. These things can be me, you, or the next man, for misery is indiscriminant.

This was the premise of a recent conversation I had with a friend the other day and towards the end he asked me “so what’s the solution?” The solution is simple. We, meaning all of us, need to learn to uplift one another. We must learn to acknowledge the accomplishments of others in a non condescending way. I cannot tell you guys how many times I’ve received a congratulatory comment anchored in condescension. “Oh you think you’re all that because…” or “don’t get the big head just because you’ve …” It’s this type of behavior that creates negativity and disdain amongst people which creates and fuels unnecessary competition. It’s a circular thing!!! Get it! I truly hope so. Either way people, get your mind right, and the rest will follow. I promise.

Be easy….

No Response to "Lift Up"

Post a Comment