Friday, July 29, 2011

No Cards, No Cake, No Pomp or Circumstance...

1

So today marks the unceremonious end to a very rough, educational and tumultuous chapter of in the story of the life of Da' Intellektual. For the better part of the last three years I have been on this roller coaster ride that has presented me with innumerable challenges and some opportunities. I always knew, when employed or seeking employment, one should always want to continue to grow and learn through professional development and organizational training. Absent of any of that jazz, I have still managed to grow tremendously in my business acumen and now I truly understand the politics of education. It has nothing to do with service or dedication. It is about self=preservation. Thus, in then end, there is No Cards, No Cake, No Pomp or Circumstance For Me.

As I draft this last blog from the place formally known as my office, I reflect back on how this journey began. I had such enthusiasm, optimism and hope that one person, with a brain, hard work, dedication and positive attitude, could make a difference. While I believe over time, I was able to make some impact for the greater good, I am most certain that ultimately things will revert back to the way they were once I close and lock this door for the final time. I am not disgruntled, sad or mad, but more disappointed that young professional, especially young black men, who choose the boardroom/classroom instead of the block, aren't taking under some one's wing more often and shown the way up the ladder unless they are willing to kiss a$$ or sale their soul. Bitter I am not, because this chapter is ending by on my own terms, by choice and not by force. More importantly, as I always say, "as one chapter ends, another one begins." I still can't help but wonder, "did I do anything good?" If so, why is there No Cards, No Cake, No Pomp or Circumstance For Me.

Best,

~Mr. O.T.N.O. {On To The Next One}

1 Response to No Cards, No Cake, No Pomp or Circumstance...

July 29, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Oh wow! I'm sorry to see you go. I enjoyed reading your thoughts & your outlook on life. You made me have a few "humm" moments. But like you once said, all good things must come to an end. But don't look at it as the end, but merely the beginning.

Post a Comment