Monday, April 25, 2011

Human Ostriches

0

Leave it up to me to classify a whole group of people or coin a new term. Today, I am developing another name for a certain group of people. I shall call them Human Ostriches. Now I know that may sound weird, but let me explain. Human Ostriches are people who tend to bury their head in the sand to avoid interaction and/or conflict. These people choose not to be involved in anything at all. Instead of standing up for what's right or seeking social justice, Human Ostriches just lean over and bury that head deep in the ground.

No matter what the circumstances are, Human Ostriches don't want to be a part of it. While I understand they don't want to be involved in any drama or anyone else's business, these people go to the extreme. There is a point in all our lives where we have to speak up on someone else's behalf besides our own. Human Ostriches can see someone getting beat up, robbed, picked on, disrespected, abused, shot, jumped and/or misused and their response ---they rare back that head and shove it deep into the soil with the quickness. It's just crazy how Human Ostriches have perfected their craft of ignoring everything in their vicinity, but what they have going on. I am not hating on them. I am just saying, "sometimes you have to say/do something."

However, on today, I salute you my Human Ostriches. There is no other species out there like you. It is my hopes that one day you will get tired of your mouth tasting like dirt. At that point, you will prove to us all that you are more than just an awkward bird, that has no brain or opinion. I anxiously await that day.

No Response to "Human Ostriches"

Post a Comment