Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Honest Face

0

I remember awhile ago riding the subway in New Jersey. I can't remember where I was going exactly, but I do remember an experience I had with an older women on there. I was sitting and when she boarded at her station there weren't any seats left. Now, because my G-Ma raised me well, I immediately got up and offered my seat to her. She seemed delighted at the gesture and sat down in my unoccupied seat. After a few stops, she beckoned me over. I was a little unsure what she needed, but I proceeded over to her. She put her hand around my chin and said, "son you have An Honest Face." I was puzzled. I quickly replied, "Thank You." But in the back of my mind I was thinking---W.T.H.?!

On the whole ride, those were the only words she said to me. Still today, I ask myself, "What exactly is An Honest Face or what does The Honest Face look like?" I wonder if now, over a decade and a half later, if I still have An Honest Face. I know, I am anti-lie, under any circumstance, but I often wonder if I still carry around with me, The Honest Face. Take a moment to look in the mirror near you. Do you think you have An Honest Face? Don't Lie! Look deep within that reflection that is you and see if you have The Honest Face. I can seriously say I am not sure if I do, but I hope that my Face isn't the Lying version. Honesty means an awful lot to me and it is my hopes that I will have An Honest Face for as long as I am here on GOD's green earth.

No Response to "The Honest Face"

Post a Comment