Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Mouth

0

The Good Book states, "Out of The Mouth, the heart speaks." I wouldn't disagree at all. The Mouth can be a very power, lethal, or deadly weapon. Some people release pure genius out of their Mouth, while others release pure venom. A special group, just releases pure hot garbage out their Mouth, because what they say doesn't contribute positively or negatively to any conversation/situations. Most people think the power is in the tongue, but the tongue most certainly would be homeless and nothing with out The Mouth. As we evolve as a human beings and mature, we have to be more cognizant of the power of The Mouth.

The Mouth, just like time, is a terrible thing to waste. I remember as a kid being told, "If you don't have anything good to say out of your Mouth, don't say nothing at all." I wasn't aware then, but I do know now, why that statement was/is so significant. People say all kinds of things out of their Mouth; some good, some bad, some intelligent, some just plain ol' ig-nant. Others just think because the are who they are, they are privileged to say what they want out of their Mouth (that would be me.) But, unlike some, my theory is this: I never say anything out my Mouth with the intentions of hurting anyone, with malice, or out of the scope of love for my neighbor. True, what I say out of my Mouth, may burn you like fire, but trust; it's all for the good. Or at least I try to make it so. Hey, my Mouth is a problem--I know it.

I think this whole Mouth topic is a wake up call for both you and I. I know I say ANYTHING out my MOUTH, but I am learning that I need a filter. Ok, truth be told, I knew awhile ago, I needed said filter. When I will be installing that filter, is still undetermined. I think its been in my possession for over a decade now. I'll get around to it. Moreover, it has come to my attention lately that some people no matter how I couch it, just can't take my truths. I would like to think the same thing applies to you and your Mouth. So I write today to put us both on Mouth Notice. In the words of my G-Ma, "I would hate for our Mouth to write a check our a$$ can't cash. Plain and simple---Watch your Mouth!

No Response to "The Mouth"

Post a Comment