Sunday, March 27, 2011

Inspiration

0

Inspiration is like dirt; it can be found almost anywhere. Most of the time, Inspiration can be found in places you aren't really looking. Oftentimes, we should be Inspired by things, but we overlook them. Most recently, I have began to ponder about this thing called Inspiration. More so, because I don't feel Inspired much. But I think it's because I am missing those opportunities to be Inspired right in front of me, because I was expecting them to come further down the road.

There are a few things that Inspire me. Some of them are good and some of them not so good. For instance, and I am not joking, Spike Lee's "Do The Right Thing" was/is my Inspiration to do just that, the right thing. Recent losses and occurrences, both physically and emotionally, are my source of Inspiration to go get myself checked out more regularly and be more mindful of my diet and health. You know we have this myth about doctors and hospitals, but if we don't get check ups, the hospital, or worse, the grave, is where we may end up. I know a lot of people tell me the t.v. is their source of Inspiration. Looking at t.v. doesn't Inspire me, but listening/making music does. I get most of my Inspiration from three sources: GOD, my family & the melodic sounds of various forms of music.

I ask today, where does your Inspiration come from? If you don't know, take a moment to try to identify your source(s) of Inspiration. Perhaps you will find that you should be more Inspired, but you are too busy fussing, cursing, and complaining. Seek to be Inspired. It may just be the difference between a prosperous life or one filled with countless tragedies, heartaches, and pains.

No Response to "Inspiration"

Post a Comment