Monday, June 7, 2010

Shock Value 57: The Young & the Restless

0

I know when most of you saw the topic you thought I was talking about the soap opera that comes on CBS. While that is my favorite soap of all time and I had consistently watched that show for over 20 plus years and I had to wean myself off of it; that is not what I am talking about today. When I refer to the young and the restless, I am talking about today's youth.

The purpose of this communique' is to encourage all your parents, siblings, daughters, sons, aunt, uncles, and cousins to keep the young ones around you active. Most children and youth of all ages tend to find trouble when they are unoccupied and bored. There is only so much entertainment they can gain from their cell phones, surfing the web, and/or the television. If you don't find something PRODUCTIVE, operative word---PRODUCTIVE for them to do, they will. I can go on forever about the instances that young adults and children have found themselves on the wrong side of the law, simply because they were bored out of their mind. You know yourself how your mind wonders to the wrong place when you are bored too, so image being a child with no real distinction between right and wrong.

Now as an adult, we all know the difference from right and wrong. That still doesn't mean that we are perfect, but we must realize that the younger generation is influenced by forces that are way worse then what we experienced. The music and other forms of negative entertainment we grow up around influenced us too, but the young ones today are actualizing these activities. They are having sex, sexting (sending naked pix over text), robbing, stealing, and killing at an alarming rate. To counteract this phenomenon, I simply ask that you all get involved in the life of at least one young adult. Now if you aren't the most positive person, hopefully, the little one might inspire you to act like 702 and "Get It Together."

Be the change you want to see. If not, don't open your mouth when one of these pre-goons steal your car, rob you, or worse--- shot someone you love.

~The Messenger

No Response to "Shock Value 57: The Young & the Restless"

Post a Comment