Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 72 "Procrastination"

0

You already know what time it is. This is your neighborhood life coach back again giving you some pointers that may help you at some point in your life. Today's topic: Procrastination.

Now I know we all do it. As a matter of fact we all probably do it daily; but it isn't good for us. Procrastinating will eventually cause us all kinds of problems. Notice I am saying us, because I am an avid procrastinator as well. But I usually procrastinate on things I am not motivated to do or those things I am burnt out doing. Either way I shouldn't and neither should you.

The saying goes, "don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today." This is important because as you may well know, tomorrow isn't promised to any of us. UGK (The Underground Kings,) one of the greatest Hip Hop groups of all times put it best, "one day your here, and the next your gone." R.I.P. Sweet James Jones a.k.a. Pimp C. With that in mind, we can began today avoiding this habit of procrastinating.

I know some of you are avid procrastinators too. I mean you wait until the last minute to do almost everything. Some of you do it because you are just lazy. Now that is a whole different form of procrastination and if you are lazy you need a heeling ritual for this habit today. I would like to aspire all of you to join me on my crusade to end procrastination. We all could take advantage of the time given to us and do things right now, at the present moment instead of waiting around to the very last moment. One of these days procrastination is going to be the death of you. One of these days, in your usual fashion, you are going to wait until the last moment to do something and then something else is going to come up and that which you were originally suppose to do WONT GET DONE and there may be a significant price to pay.

I'm Just Saying. It can happen to any of us.


No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 72 "Procrastination""

Post a Comment