Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 77 "I Am Ashamed"

0

No need for an introduction today. I am so ashamed of our people. We settle for anything that is giving to us. People pee on us and tell us that its raining. They feed us crap and tell us its dessert. Do we no longer have standards? What happen to the days when people were inquisitive and naturally questioned things as they were presented. I am ashamed to say that those days are gone.

In music, it doesn't matter what the lyrics are or if they are lyric-less, all we say is, "the beat goes hard. Therefore we bang it in our cars, clubs, and/or run to the nearest store to buy it or bootlegg it. We don't care if these idiots are talking about raping children, killing each other, or destroying our community by encouraging our youth to throw away their lives by participating in pointless gang violence.

On t.v., we watch anything. I could talk about several Anglo Saxon shows versus Ethnic shows that are successful but I won't waste my time. No one would be surprised that people of color watch shows that project levels of violence and crime. Perhaps we are attracted to these things, but its shameful. Its no secret I hate the Boon Docks and everything it stands for or is associated with, but not my people. We watch it and laugh away as others in their living room are saying, "that's exactly how they act too." But its all good. You don't care, so why should I?

I am so ashamed that we have forgotten the principles we were giving as a child. I woke up this a.m. wondering why I even blog, mentor, or try to do anything that helps our society. No one else cares. I oftentimes want to put on a black hood, with black jeans, and a ski mask and grab an arsenal of weapons and go crazy. Rappers, Television, & other forms of negative entertainment are slowly leading to the demise of our communities and neighborhoods, but no one gives a DAMN. I can't do this alone people. Maybe I should stage a massive boycott of these things; will you join me? Will anyone show up? Probably not, you are more worried about materialistic crap like when the new J's coming out or the new Hermes bag. Its disgusting. I wish I could fly away.

~Pissed I am!

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 77 "I Am Ashamed""

Post a Comment