Thursday, June 10, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 60 "Say What You Mean & Mean What You Say"

0

Yall already know what time it is. Yep, its time again for you all to read a message from your neighborhood Admiral. Today I want to talk about something that is near and dear to my heart: Saying what you mean and meaning what you say. Now without further ado, lets get it.

This topic frustrates me even as I type. Just yesterday I wrote about love and in no less then 10 hours later I was flabbergasted with people again. Why don't people just say what they mean, instead of saying that they think you want to hear. I don't desire to have anyone around me who can't critically critique me and share constructive criticism with me. Out of the goodness of their heart and not out of spite of course. This is the reason so many people walk around today with their heads up in the air, because they think they are perfect and darn near it. If more people kept it real and shared their actual thoughts, the world would be a much better place.

Conversely, if you say it, mean it. Stop saying, "I'm done with him or her." When you know your not. Stop with the, "I am sick of these people not appreciating me and what I have to offer so I'm going to find another job." Or my personal favorite, "this year gone be my year." Is it now? If you say it, mean it. You are capable of doing so much more than you know. No one around you may believe that you can do it, but as long as you do, that is all that matters.

Say it, Say it Say it, but please mean it; because you might not get a chance to take it back. So be sure what you are about to say is worth the energy you are going to utilize pushing the words out your mouth. If not, grab a flash disk/floppy disk (for my elders) and save it.

Carpe' Diem

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 60 "Say What You Mean & Mean What You Say""

Post a Comment