Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 78 "Leaders"

0

I want to quickly raise a question: Are Leaders Born or Raised? The answer in that question is relevant in numerous discussions and classrooms around the nation. If I had to add my two cents to the conversation I would say they may be both.

Some people in leadership capacities, just have it. These are those people who we all know are the ones we want to be in charge of any situation. There is no question that some people have that it factor. If we are going to be lead anywhere, we want that person to be our captain, pilot, shepherd, and/or coach. Born leaders have some type of gene that others just don't have. From their childhood days these individuals were standouts. They have always been the center of attention and parents didn't have to encourage take the spotlight, they just stole it for themselves.

Conversely, the other type of leaders are those that are raised. These people have had either formal training or were taught to take the reigns of the various things they have at their disposal. These are those individuals that have served in various servant capacities and picked up the necessary tools to take over as a leader. Some of these people studied, prepared, and worked diligently to become a leader.

I respect both types of leaders and I don't favor either of them. Personally, I believe that I am a nice mixture of both. I would challenge each of you, especially if you feel that you are a leader, to try to figure out what type of leader you think you are. I appreciate your time.

Late'

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 78 "Leaders""

Post a Comment