Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 52 "Women's Appreciation Week: R.E.S.P..E.C.T."

0

Ladies-

Once again I want to say thank you for your existence. I am reminded by one of the greatest rap groups of all time, Goodie MOB, about how beautiful and precious a woman is. In their song, "Beautiful Skin," the verse states, "Your my beginning my end, your my sister lover and friend...., I hope that understand, you got to respect yourself before I can..." That epitomizes the role of women and this notion of respect.
In this day and age I believe women are going to extraordinary measures to gain attention or demonstrate their uniqueness. While it is important, to do you own thing, it is just as important to respect yourself. I am a firm believer in the idea that if you have it, you can show it off, but with limitations. Please leave something to the imagination or for that special someone who has worked to make sure you are his one and only.
I am a huge fan of women and personally believe women should have all the rights as men. I wouldn't mind seeing a lady in the White House and not just beside the President, but holding the title as President. But, to realize this we must all change our thought processes. In that same token, women must not only exude professionalism, but demand respect. If a man, woman, dog or another other being doesn't respect you, don't lower your standards, encourage others to rise up to meet yours.
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. is a funny thing. It can be earned or given depending on the individual and the audience. My ladies. I want you to know that how you walk, talk, interact, dress, and present yourself overall impacts the level of respect you will receive. Don't sale yourself short; you are more than worthy of the level of respect you desire. Just remember, "you have to respect yourself before I can."

Your Humble Servant,

Man

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 52 "Women's Appreciation Week: R.E.S.P..E.C.T.""

Post a Comment