Monday, June 28, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 76 "B.E.T.; I Owe U 1"

0

First off, I have to say I was extremely impressed by the 2010 B.E.T. Awards. I guess the network executives got tired of hearing the constant complaints from last year and decided to turn it up a notch. I must say as a life long critic who at times despises B.E.T. and what they stand for; after last night, I owe you one.

Now, there weren't many moments in the show that I can say were memorable but I have to mention a few that will last forever. First off, Chis Breezy. Of course this is no surprise to me. The network executives and all of America owed Chris this moment. He should have been able to perform at the memorial, but nonetheless he rocked the anniversary. As a grown man you are always discouraged from crying because it may be seen as being weak, but Breezy, cry my brother cry. I haven't seen so much passion and poise since Mike Jack did those performances himself. Chris, this selfish, I am better and more perfect than anyone else world may never forgive you for your actions, but I say after last night, "brother, your slate is clean with me."

I would've loved to see Prince perform a little. Most times those who win the Lifetime Achievement Award do a little something, but he is Prince. The only 4'11 brother who sports a perm and high heels and could walk in any hood in America and get mad respect. Mr. Purple Rain himself, is a boss. But, I am glad he got what he should've gotten long ago. Its always good to honor a legend while they are still with us and not from the grave. Alicia stop climbing on ish' for GOD sakes your preggors!

Lastly, Diddy, Ross, T.I.P. and the rest of the Dirty Money Crew did the most. I have to tell you, I wouldn't trust Diddy to put money in my overdrawn savings account, but the brother makes hits. He has done what no other producer has done with his craft. Watching him on stage was like he really belonged there, grill and all. I thought during the whole Mase Harlem World Movement Diddy was in his prime, but boy was I wrong. Diddy is the man. Now he ain't no Robin Hood, ask Shyne, the Lox, Dream, and his other victims, but nonetheless he is the man.

I thoroughly enjoyed some of the show. Nicki Minaj and Drake are keeping Young Money so relevant. I wonder how long this three headed monster including Weezy will be able to stay together? If anything changes remember your boi posed the question first. All I know is Drake is label head material and if he continues to display his lyrical prowess, he may just join the ranks of some of the best that did it. Nicki doing her thing too for the female emcees. While I hate the whole Barbie thing, her comments last night made a lot of sense. Weezy, what is there to say. This former hot boy has parlayed his way into a multi million dollar lifestyle and has built a franchise that is changing the world. He just needs to stay out of Cell Block 4 (CB4) and he might make billions. Lets see what happens next.

B.E.T. you did well. Yes, I said it. Don't get use to it Ms. Debra Lee. As soon as I feel like you all are slipping, I am on your butt. Have a good day.

P.S. - Aaron McGruder still hates Black People!

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 76 "B.E.T.; I Owe U 1""

Post a Comment