Monday, March 7, 2011

Promise(s)

0

So, what is the big deal with people saying or asking you to say "I Promise." I don't think it is of any significance if a person says they Promise to do something or not. A liar is a liar, and as sure as they say, "I Promise," they will not do it at all. I have come to the realization that the word Promise is insignificant these days. I personally, am anti the word Promise, because I think it's misleading and I have learned that Promises are made to be broken.

For instance, lets take the Promise ring. What the heck is the purpose of that? Why do kids Promise to their Dad--That's just weird/gross. It takes a materialistic item to keep your private parts private? Get outta here! There is no way anyone is gong to make me believe that one is like, "So you ready to do this?" Starts getting undressed, looks at the ring and goes, "I can't do this; I Promised--My Dad/girl/boyfriend." What a sack if poo. That just doesn't happen! If it does, you sir or ma'am deserve recognition of the highest honor, like the Freedom medal from Mr. President himself. You are a jewel. And don't get me started on the Promises not to lie or cheat on you again. Once a liar and a cheat, always a liar and a cheat. You could be the next President of these United States, but you will always be known as a liar and a cheat.

Promises aren't for me. Don't ask me for one, and I won't ask you for one, for darn sure. I guess I should say that all people don't break Promises. But to me, those are the people who shouldn't have to make them anyway. I am one of those persons who refuses to say, "I Promise" or make a Promise, because I know there is a chance I won't be able to keep it. I only like to engage in activities that I have a greater potential of completing. But, please don't be moved, if you prefer people make Promises to you. Go right ahead. I ain't knocking your hustle. I am just sharing my 2 and a half cents regarding my thoughts on Promises. Don't pay me any attention; what do I know? Also, don't even waste your time or breath asking me if I Promise to do something, cause you will just be practicing talking to yourself out loud. I Promise you that!!!

No Response to "Promise(s)"

Post a Comment