Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quality Time

0

If there is one thing I can say I have taken for granted in this life, it's Quality Time. I don't just mean the Time you spend with your significant others, but also the Time you spend with all your other significants. To me, Quality Time was just one of those things I was either too busy to do or just didn't see the need for. Since I have been single longer than the Jacksonville Jaguars have been playing football, Quality Time for me was only relegated to family. And since I usually live so far away from most of my family members, Quality Time soon became obsolete, except for holidays.

But today, or last night rather, I realized how important Quality Time is. No matter if its with family, friends, associates or complete strangers, Quality Time matters. I am a recluse, so Quality Time with me usually consists of movies, Dukes of Hazzard and Smoothie King. May not seem much fun to you, but I have a blast doing the afore. But now I realize more than ever, this ideal of Quality Time is of the utmost importance. Only by spending Quality Time, do others realize what level of care or adoration you have for them. Most guys, we just assume you women know we care. But fellas, its time for you to start speaking up, speaking out and just saying it. Ladies: Quality Time with him is not raping his ear drums talking about work or that new dress you want. Guys: Quality Time is not forcing her to watch you play Madden or watch a sport she has no idea about. Ladies, there is no field goals in basketball.

In all seriousness, all of us need to clear our schedules and start spending Time with those who we claim matter the most. It doesn't have to be a huge amount of Time, but we have to learn to appreciate people while they are still with us, instead of being filled with regret when they have moved on to that UPPER ROOM. Today, if you aren't too busy, find an old friend, family member you haven't seen in awhile, or husband/wife, that you really been distant from all week and plan something. It doesn't have to cost a thing. Quality Time has no monetary value, but it can mean to world and be priceless to someone else. It ain't all about you all the Time; spend some Quality Time with someone other than yourself, today.

No Response to "Quality Time"

Post a Comment