Friday, March 4, 2011

The Treadmill Vs The Track

0

I get these epiphanies is the most weird places. Of course, with all that is going on in this life, diet and exercise are both very important. I don't have the least bit of problems with diet, but I like to only exercise doing things I enjoy (i.e., playing b-ball, flag football, softball, volleyball, tennis, or any other sport.) Running, just to be running; I absolutely hate it! But I need the cardio, so I force my flesh to get on The Treadmill at least once or twice a week. It's not that I don't like to run, but The Treadmill is so boring to me. No matter what tunes are pumping in my ear, or what's on the t.v. in front of me, I am usually bored to death. I can run for ages, but usually after about 3 miles on a great day, I just stop. However, I realized something the other day regarding my disdain for the Treadmill. It's not so much The Treadmill I despise, it's the fact that I am running in place.

Now you may not understand what I meant by that last line, so let me elaborate. I don't mind running at all, but the problematic piece with doing it on The Treadmill is I don't feel like I am making any progress. To me I am simply running in the same place. That is why in the future when I run, if I want to get the most out of my work out, I will utilize The Track. This whole Treadmill Versus Track can be taken out of the gym context and placed in our day-to-day lives. For days, weeks, years, and decades some of us have being running on The Treadmill. We've tried everything we could to move forward, but no matter what we do, we seem to be in the same place. Here is a tip: Get off that Treadmill and make a mad dash to the nearest Track.

We all need to take a second and identify those Treadmill moments in our life. Thus, when they try to re-appear, we can quickly shift to The Track. This life is all about being progressive & productive. You can absolutely do same thing every single day for the rest of your life if you chose to, but a life like that isn't worth living. There is too much out there that you have yet to do, and so much out there you have yet to see. Get off that Treadmill, lace up those new kicks and hit The Track today. See you at the finish line!

No Response to "The Treadmill Vs The Track"

Post a Comment