Saturday, May 1, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 23 "To Date or Not to Date?"

0

So...It is not often that I share publicly the things that my associates & clients have shared with me in private, but I have asked permission and today they have given it to me. In order to keep names anonymous, I will make general statements and redact names from this blog.

Anyway, the question of whether or not one should date keeps being asked to me. Now, by my own admission, I can honestly say, "I don't think I have every been on a real date," but I do believe people should date if it is something they think will help them find a mate. In this viral world, one can meet people from a state away or a nation away. So cyber dating is also something that may be attempted as well. I am not a person that believes love has limits, so one may be able to find their soul mate online, or in a line at the grocery store.

I frequent social sites often and notice their are a lot of single women today. It makes me wonder, where are the men? Now, I do not agree with the statements, "there aren't any good men left," or the every so pointless, "all men are dogs" suggestion. I strongly believe there are a number of good men left and all men aren't dogs. It just takes time and patience to find Mr. Right, not Mr. Right now. But, as with guys, oftentimes women let Mr. Right Now occupy way too much time, thus Mr. Right is never revealed. This is one reason I believe that dating may be imperative. Dating opens up all kinds of opportunities to get to know an individual, but I do believe that it is misleading at times too. Because I hear people say, "he or she wasn't they way they are now when we were dating, they changed as soon as we got into a relationship."

Now, I am no Dear Abby, but I do counsel people on relationships fairly often. I have also attended a few singles vacations, meetings, and retreats. All I have to say is, there are a number of people out their with good hearts and beautiful minds. We all just have to get over all the superficial things that the media tells us our mate should have. Every man isn't going to be tall dark and handsome. And every female isn't going to look like Halle Berry. But, no matter what they look like on the outside, if they love you with all they have, cherish you, and compliment you; you might want to give them a trial run.

To Date or Not to Date? That is the question. There are a number of pros to dating and a number of cons as well. You just have to decided what works for you. Personally, I am biased and believe that relationships as a whole are overrated. People in my opinion are together for all the wrong reasons: children, money, or they are just comfortable and are afraid to try something thing new. Now, I know this isn't everyone, but I am sure some of you who are reading this blog can relate. Anyway, dating is an option available to all of us.---Well you married adulterous people should stay out the mix, but we all know married people who are still playing the game. Its sad, but all so true.

If you are tired of being alone, like Al Green, go for it. Set up a date tonight. What do you have to lose other then minutes of your life, that you can never get back. ( I kid, I kid)

Late'

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 23 "To Date or Not to Date?""

Post a Comment