Monday, May 24, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 44 "The Coon Docks---AARON MCGRUDER HATES BLACK PEOPLE"

1

AARON MCGRUDER HATES BLACK PEOPLE!:

This is a message to all you out there who watch the CoonDocks (Boondocks.) This show is one of this sickest shows on television. And don't you dare bring in that whole, "it's no worse than South Park and Family Guy" argument, because it sure is worse, hands down. I haven't seen so much hatred and overt racism in all my life. And Yes, just because one shares the same race as other individuals doesn't mean they can't be racist. Now, for years, I have been encouraged to watch this show. Oftentimes, by my mentees and students. For years, I avoided it because I never heard anything positive about the show. Most of the time people just said it was funny and that it pushes the envelope. Now, I am no stranger to being controversial. I think that somethings need to sting a little bit, but too much of anything is gluttony (habitual greed).

A couple years ago, I watched the Banned B.E.T. episodes and the episodes on Black Greeks. While I understood his points, I still think he went beyond the point. A couple years later I was asked to give it one last try. So, because I realize that I may have been a bit overly sensitive on my initial critique I gave in. I hate to say it, but I was right. AARON MCGRUDER HATES BLACK PEOPLE. Also, I realize his show is for those of you who are just like the people he describes on his show; or those who hate black people already and love to see them at their ignorant best. Personally, I believe Mr. McGruder wishes he could rid himself of his black skin. The brother is light. He could pass for mixed if he doesn't like being black so bad.

But I don't blame McGruder because I hear people, black people, talking about how funny it is. There isn't a DAMN thing funny about someone using the N-Word 30 in ten minutes or disrespecting the office of the President of the United States of American. His main characters are kids too. This is appalling to me, but probably doesn't bother you because you might let your kids act that way any way.---Not in my house! It doesn't matter if you are operating under the guise of a cartoon or not. Ask Dave Chappelle how it feels when your comedic output or creative talent is only limited to---destroying your own race.

I will be the first to admit:Yes we as a people have major issues. Some of which are our own doing, but others are because of years of oppression, racism, and poverty that we have endured. We are a powerful, spiritual, and creative people. I refuse to sit back and let some kid who was probably bullied in school because of his good hair and suburban roots destroy what our forefathers have worked so hard to build.

Shame on you Mr. McGruder and all of you who think that 'ish is funny. While your ignorant anus is on your couch laughing at yourself and family members on tv; other races are classifying who we are as a people and saying those Ninja (N-Words Are So Stupid, Dumb, and there kids are too!) McGruder is making a killing off of his work and killing his people with every show. He is indeed talented but it is so misplaced. No one gets the message unless you can sit through and onslaught of N-Words and other negative stereotypes.

AARON MCGRUDER HATES BLACK PEOPLE, HIMSELF, AND YOU TOO. YOU TOO, HATE BLACK PEOPLE IF YOU THINK HIS SHOW IS REMOTELY ENTERTAINING. ITS SAD. BUT HEY PEOPLE OF ALL RACES LOVE IT AND NIGGAZ DO TOO. IS THAT YOU?

~Now, Run Tel 'Dat!

1 Response to Shock Value: Entry 44 "The Coon Docks---AARON MCGRUDER HATES BLACK PEOPLE"

Anonymous
May 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Does that mean white people cannot laugh at the stereotypical white character? Does that mean they hate being white and are killing their own race and culture?
I'm sure you're quite "da intellektual", but you certainly don't have the clairvoyance too see through the intentional race-bating McGruder puts out to the underlying satire. Make no mistake, it is a merciless and sometimes cruel satire of all racially charged issues. The more we learn to deal with these issues head on and with candor, the faster tolerant progression can take place.

Post a Comment