Sunday, September 5, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 144 "Bittersweet Victory"

0

Happy Sunday:
I hope you all are enjoying
this Holiday Weekend!

Today's Topic: Bittersweet Victory

You know every now and again your boy has to get his Uncle Traveling Mack on. For those of you who are babies out there, you don't know anything about Uncle Traveling Mack. As a brief history lesson, Uncle Traveling Mack would make an adventure out of going from the back room of the house to the front door. Anyway, like a said, every now again I get a chance to take an adventure. This weekend the journey has led me to good Ole' Orlando, Florida for the MEAC/SWAC Challenge. The 2010 ESPN game featured The Swarming Hornets of Delaware State, my MBA alma mater, and the Southern University Jaguars, my new diggs.

This had to be one of the most interesting trips of my life. First off, there is nothing in the country like Black College Football. Now you may think you have experience a game, but until you get the feeling of the Jag Nation and the Human Jukebox, you have only experienced what seemed to be a football game. This year was very personal and after 2 quarters of beating themselves, the Jags turned the heat up and, "brought that wood mayne!" The Hornets just couldn't hold on to their 11 point lead. The Southern heat, no pun intended, began taking its toll on both teams. However, by the time that final buzzer sounded, and I had predicted a punt return, the Mighty Jags had rose to a Victory, Bittersweet, but a Victory nonetheless. Go Jags!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, I found out that I lost one of the strongest women I know. Actually she passed away from cancer a week ago, but no one wanted to break the news to me. In memory of my love, my friend, my joy, I will dedicate a special blog to cancer awareness on tomorrow. Qui- Qui, I never got to say Good Bye, but I know that GOD needed you by his side more than we needed you on earth. I miss you already and will love you for life. I will forever honor your memory and life with my works. We have one less ANGEL on this earth. :-(

~Speechless For Once In My Lyfe

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 144 "Bittersweet Victory""

Post a Comment