Monday, September 20, 2010

Shock Value: Entry 159 "Dear Mr./Ms. TV Person"

0

I hope you all had a great weekend.
I am excited about what the future holds
for you and yours. Today is the
first day of your future.

Today's Topic: Dear Mr./Ms. TV Person





Dear Mr./Ms. TV Person:

You don't know me but I decided to drop you a line to speak to you about something that is very important to me. Over the past few years I have been fortunate to own every channel that you offer to your customers. However, even with every channel under the sun, there are numerous occasions where there isn't one thing to watch. Every season you launch new shows, which have very little success. The successful ones, aren't really my type of programming. I guess what you deem as funny/humor isn't funny at all to me.

Moreover, all the shows that matter or have carried your ratings through the roof, like 24, The Wire, Entourage, Lost, Heroes and many others are being cancelled or already are cancelled. Which leaves avid tv fans with nothing else to watch unless we force ourself to watch the crap you are serving on the airwaves now. I refuse to settle for anything less than the best. Let me say I am very grateful for House, CSI, Hawthorne, Family Guy, & CSI Miami. I have to say that because I don't want you to take those shows that do mean something to most of us away. I really would like for you to reconsider canceling some shows and I would like for you to consider canceling others. Less reality more music. I hate it. People will do anything to be famous. 106 is whack and beyond parked. Too many pretenders on tv. I want something real. Tyler Perry is talented but how many shows can one person have on tv before the themes start to cross paths. Only Jerry Brockhiemer has been a genius with diversity of shows.

Mr./Ms. TV Person, please help. After a while I will be forced to watch re-runs of A Team, The Unit, South Park and Football everyday for the rest of my life. Please don't force me to do that! I pay a lot of money to support you and your career, please make my life easier by giving me what I deserve: decent shows, with great actors, inclusive of wonderful plots & oh boy-drama.

Thanks in advance for honoring this request.

Best,

Me

No Response to "Shock Value: Entry 159 "Dear Mr./Ms. TV Person""

Post a Comment